Sunday, July 19, 2009

Went to a very wet, windy, cold and very muddy Oxford to see Art in Action. Such a shame for the exhibitors as the weather obviously affects the turnout.

I suppose that the only plus side is the fact that you do get a chance to see things up closer with not so many people around.

It was really good to see the work of some really well known textile artists up close. And it’s always inspiring to see pieces of work from all the different disciplines. Just wish I had the wherewithal to buy some of these pieces.

But I did manage to buy a few bits in what they call ‘the market’.
This product caught my eye:
Along with a couple of other things which I will show when I have had chance to play with them. Plus some more wooden blocks to go along with the other hundred. Well, not really that many, but you know what I mean. :)
There was also a Mexican Art tent and I couldn’t resist buying this bag – a combination of blue silk fabric and cerise plastic. Makes me feel really ‘arty’. *LOL*
As for my own work, haven’t had much time this weekend but did manage to make a start on this one surface.
I’m speaking singular here because although there are 7 samples these are all from the same basic technique just with different finishes.






14 comments:

Heather said...

It's such a shame when the weather ruins an event - so much work goes into these things. I love the printing blocks and the very arty bag. Your samples are gorgeous - such a variety of textures from just one technique?

Digitalgran said...

What a pity it rained!
I'm never around when there are blocks like that around I'm afraid. those textures are yummy and the previous post just amazing!

Carol Q said...

wish I could have made it to AinA this year, it's a wonderful event. love your textured surfaces!

Julie said...

I was reading about that Texture Magic, it looks exciting. Your surfaces look gorgeous and great stamps.

Corryna said...

Rich textures! I like them a lot. Wonderful.

Doreen G said...

Great samples Lynda and I love the "arty" bag--you can fit a lot of purchases in that when you go to the craft shows.

Penny said...

The samples look interesting, all from one technique?
We dont see such lovely wood blocks here, or if we do I havent found them.

Sandy said...

What interesting textures. The show sounds like fun and worth going in the rain.

Sandie said...

Wonderful textures, just love your work.
Sandie at rag Rescue

chrissythreads said...

I went to Art in Action on the Saturday and although the mud was still fairly bad it stayed dry all day so we were lucky- only problem (but not for the exhibitors) was it was really busy and it took over an hour to creep into the car park. Poor Sarah told me it was so wet on the Friday she had to take all her work off the 'walls' as the tent leaked.
We had a very good day, hope you did too.

Ruth said...

Love the fourth sample!

Jackie said...

I love Art in Action but don't go every year. Its always been really sunny when I've been. What a shame it rained.

Anonymous said...

Have just discovered your blog. Your work is beautiful - the most amazing textures. Fantastic

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Hi, your works are beautiful, warm greetings, Wanda