Sunday, June 07, 2009

Two bits of luckiness (?) this weekend.
Firstly, I won the lottery - well £10, but even that's better than a kick up the bum. :)
And secondly, I have been given this on 'permanent loan'. Isn't she a beast?Its an industrial twin needle machine which has been used for sewing air bags (safety mattresses) used on building sites.
It will sew through virtually any really heavy material. I could even sew my own marquis now. *LOL*
I shall have fun with this - once its been cleaned and oiled and converted to a single needle machine. It's staying in the garage for the time being though as it needs two strong men to lift it and I doubt if the floor in my workroom could take it.

I was fiddling around with this today: It's Lutradur with three different treatments followed by FME. Something different for me again. Spunart have recently bought out a new Lutradur weight - Heavyweight XL. Lots of possibilities with this, well worth playing with.

And I bet you can't guess what this is? Obviously, its been through the pleating machine, but I think you may be hard put to tell what the fabric is.
I'm meeting Pearl tomorrow, all the way from Oz. She's a friend of Doreens, they live close by. Pearl is staying with her Aunt in Colchester and we originally planned to meet up as she wanted a signed copy of the book - or maybe she just wanted to save on postage. *LOL*
And speaking of the book, I have just seen the draft of the final section - it's brilliant. You're going to love some of the techniques you see in there.

12 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on the lottery win - the drinks are on you! You'll make good use of that machine - my poor Bernina gets asked to do such difficult things sometimes. Love your Lutrador experiment and could the pleated rusted fabric be Tissutex or similar? Can't wait for the book.

Sue Krekorian said...

Is it tea bag paper?

hippopip said...

Really looking forward to the book I thought the pleated fabric could be tissue paper but knowing you it is probably some awful type of tyvek!

Julie said...

The lutradur looks interesting. Well done on the Lottery win :o)

Doreen G said...

A real beast Lynda--wait till you get behind that one-going a thousand MPH-stitching like crazy.
Pearl wanted to meet some-one famous and who better than you.

Lalhezar said...

Say hello to Pearl from Suzanne. I hope she is having a great trip. I look foward to seeing the book.

Sandy said...

That machine will be great to work on. I'm impatiently waiting for the book.

Unknown said...

I agree with Sandy *lol* how long till its there?
I am very curious about the machine. It looks very firm, tell us all about it please.

Jackie said...

A beast! I have a singer irish \i haven't yet dared use...I just need one strong man to service the motor...

Lalhezar said...

My husband would have loved to have met you - a famous person - if only we thought of it sooner. If you took up meeting friends and relatives of bloggers you could increase your profile no end. Suzanne

neki desu said...

sooo you've got a fairy godmother too,you jealous little girl!
bet yours is not as cool as mine.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

So looking forward to the book and the workshop on Friday ... :o)