I started off with some cotton canvas which I painted with a base coat of thick white acrylic paint. When that was dry I used my two favourite colours, Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold (try saying that with a mouthful!) and Quinacridone Burnt Orange.
While the paint was still tacky I covered it with pieces of dressmaking tissue paper and once dry, went over the top with Interference Gold.
Gold foil (from Fibre in-Form) was applied using Golden Regular Gel Medium and the clover mini iron.
I outlined some of the pattern lines using the machine and a black thread from Gutermann called Sulky.
Yesterday while searching for something else I found an unopened bottle of Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink called Vintage Photo.
This was diluted slightly with water and painted on. And this is as far as I have got with this one.
These two photos are close ups. Its amazing how the colours change sometimes when taking a close up.
And this, which I think is fabulous and would love to translate to fabric, is thanks to a tip from Susan (Art of Textiles). It is the top photo using a filter called 'Find Edges' in Photoshop.
This second piece is also cotton canvas but this time it is small pieces sewn together to make a larger piece, which is why there are lots of crinkles and creases in it.
I used Cobalt Teal, Phtalo Blue and Interference Blue on this one as well as the two colours that I used in the piece above.