Just playing around this weekend with different surfaces.
These first three are from last weekend - the ones I had used emulsion, ink and bleach on.
Decided to cover them with acrylics. These photographs have come out a lot darker than they really are.
In the first one the only acrylic paint I used was Quinacridone Burnt Orange, although it looks like I have used a darker shade too. The translucent areas are where the bleach had been applied previously. I also used gold foil on some of the raised areas.
Again, the only acrylic paint I applied to this piece was Interference Green YS. I used a metallic green foil on the raised areas.
And Quniacridone Burnt Orange was also applied to this one. No foil - yet. I think foil is going to become my new 'Treasure Gold'.
This is a piece of tissue paper bonded to calico with gesso and painted with Quinacridone Crimson Acrylic paint. Gold foil has been added to the raised areas where I crumpled the tissue first before bonding to the background. I used a heavy gel medium to apply the foil, unfortunately I used a matte instead of a gloss so not only has it dulled the colour you cannot see the variations in tone either.
This is a postcard size (6 x 4") canvas. Acrylics, tissue paper, scrim and copper foil accents. A layer of Interference Green YS was applied over the top. You can't see it in the photograph but the beauty of these interference colours is the way they change when the light hits them from different directions.
Something else I am working on. A very old technique, something I did years ago, but I thought I would try and bring something new to it.
No prizes for guessing what it is!
I have even used foils over the top of this surface.