I realised where I had gone wrong. When I folded the fabric to put it in the dyebath I had put the front on the inside fold therefore the back took up most of the dye.
Not to be beaten I thought I would try again.
This is the back - even better than last time.
But look at the front!
If only I could send you all a piece not only to see the colours as they really are but also to feel the fabric.
I am really, really pleased with this but still feel there is room for improvement so intend to have yet another go. I will share my results with you.
Bit of a waste of this lovely piece of fabric but I have used it for what I intended to use it for and that is Padfolio No.2 for one of Libby's teachers.
If the next piece of fabric looks as good I intend to use it for a hanging or a vessel or a journal cover or.....!
Just a reminder, as if anyone really needs it, the instructions for the Padfolio appear in the Free Projects section on the Fibre&Stitch website.