I did not have time to try anything new for this so thought I would show some felt melt samples I made some time ago now.
This vessel is made with a piece of pelmet Vilene sandwiched between two layers of acrylic felt. The felt was bonded onto the Vilene using Bondaweb then marks were burnt into the surface using a soldering iron
Metal Effects Iron Metallic Paint was applied to the felt surface and when dry a coat of Metal Effects Patina Ageing Solution in rust was painted over the top. This gives the piece the effect of rust. I wanted this vessel to look as if it had just been dug up from somewhere!
The cord used to join the edges is paper string which had also been painted with the Metal Effects products.
This piece is Kunin felt. This was just a sample to see what happened. I stitched a square grid all over then attached some other shapes, using Maori female facial tattoos as inspiration, which had been very heavily machine stitched. I then used the heat gun to melt the felt background. The photo below is a close up of the melted grid.