The first one is from a blog I did recently for the T.A.S.T. challenge Feather Stitch.
I had originally covered the stitching with tin foil and used acrylic paints on top, but the stitching had been worked with quite fine threads and didn’t show through. I took the foil off and painted over the stitches with pumice gel medium. Then washed over with a layer of ink, used a homemade stamp dipped in bleach to stamp out the lizard designs and then rubbed a bit of copper treasure gold on in places.
Red copper wire was couched on by machine with zig zag stitch and the lizards were outlined in running stitch with a red rayon thread.
This next piece is a sample of something I am working on at the moment.
It is scrim which has been pleated and run under the embellisher at one end and at the other end Merino wool tops have been embellished into the surface. It was then tea dyed. Although it is hard to tell from the look of the photo, the end where the wool tops are embedded is so soft it feels like a piece of velvet.
The last piece is something I have created by following Carols blog 'Textile Tales'. It is Pelmet Vilene and a piece of dark blue Scrim.
The scrim has been laid on the Pelmet Vilene and dabbed with an acrylic Iridescent Gold in places. It has then been painted over with Quinacridone Crimson acrylic paint.
Once dry it was washed over with Indian Yellow acrylic ink. I followed Carols example here by loading the brush with the ink and dragging it across the Vilene in one stroke. Interference Gold acrylic was then painted on in places to highlight.