The package contained a varied assortment of fibres and threads and this is how I used them:
The first one has a background of silk paper with threads bonded on using Misty Fuse. This is the first time I have used this product and it is really good. It doesn't leave a sticky residue like Bondaweb. I bonded a piece of black net over the top. I covered three buttons with silk fibres. On reflection I should have added something to the buttons, they look a bit plain as they are. I layered the scrim on top of the net and made three beads. The beads were made using a gadget called 'Wire Worker'.
Two of them are wire and thread and the third bead is just coloured wire used to pick out the colour in the thread. The postcard has been backed with Pelmet Vilene and a piece of canvas.
The second one is made using basically the same techniques but this time rather than make silk paper I laid out the fibres on baking parchment and ironed Misty Fuse on both sides. Once I had bonded on the net I worked some FME in a gold thread over the top to secure the fibres. This has given the postcard a raised texture. I made four 1" 'charms' to fix to the front with some more wire beads.
I so admire all you textile artists out there who have been taking part in these 1" Charm swaps. I only made four of them and it drove me nuts - so fiddly and time consuming!
These postcards are now on their way to Sue.