Friday, January 26, 2007

Having a good day – or what!

I love Fridays at the best of times.
It’s the start of the weekend as far as I am concerned and I generally get home from work about lunchtime.
The day started off really well when I went into work. One of the guys brought this book in for me. His wife had been to the local charity shop, picked it up and wondered if I would like it!!!



And guess how much she paid for it……



Now come on, 50p for a Jan Beaney, I almost took his hand off!
Joking aside, it’s a really good book. Ideal for anybody doing the T.A.S.T. A lot of the pictures are in black and white but it still makes a darn good reference book. Even though it was published in 1985, the different effects you can achieve with each stitch are still very contemporary.

Could the day get any better than this?
Well, yes it did. When I got home the postman had been, and here’s what he left me…

The February/March edition of Quilting Arts which I will save until later.



A parcel of silk fabric and black and white Misty Fuse from Joanna. I’ve never even handled Misty Fuse before so am looking forward to using this.



A Silk Postcard and ATC from Susan. The silk backgrounds on these are so soft and luxurious the photograph does not do them justice.




And a package of beautiful fibres and threads from Sue for the Textured Postcard Swap.



Plus a gorgeous little layered fibre collage ATC she had made.



I signed up for this swap in our Fibre Arts Friends group. We had to send our partner a package of textured fibres which they then make into a postcard and send back. I’ll post the results once the swap has taken place.

Why can’t every Friday be as good as this?

8 comments:

Emmy said...

wauw that is a good start of the weekend

Françoise said...

What a day! You're going to be busy the next few days...
Got my little "textured stuff" package today too!
:-))

Sarah said...

Oh yes, that's a really good day! Lucky girl!

Joanna said...

Glad everything arrived safely for you!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wow you hit the jackpot. Everything looks like fun!

Micki said...

Wow, it really was a good day!

Helen in the UK said...

Boy you've got your work colleagues well trained if their wives are picking up bargains for you!!!! What a lucky lady you are - all those goodies - several xmases and birthdays rolled into 1 :)

gunnelsvensson said...

Wow, what a lovely day! I have this book, and it´s really good! Oh, you have got the new issue o QA. Here in scandinavia, we always have to wait a bit longer! But I hope it will be here soon!