This will be the back cover of my book to hold the fabric pages made by members of the Fibre Arts Friends Yahoo Group.
I took some close up photographs of the front cover.
Printed them on to inkjet transfer paper and ironed them on to muslin.
I layered this with 2 layers of white muslin, 2 of red muslin, 1 black felt and a calico backing. I then did rows of machine stitching and slashed down the centres.
Not too happy with it. I used W H Smith own brand of transfer paper which is not as good as the HP one, although much cheaper. The colours did not transfer at all well, but its only the back and I really need to move on from this book cover now – otherwise I’ll never get the pages finished to swap!
I seem to be having a ‘love-affair’ with slashing at the moment. I think we all must go through this stage when we find a technique that we enjoy doing and which suits our purpose.