Thursday, November 23, 2006

Away With The Fairies

Now, anyone that knows me will tell you that no way am I frilly, fluffy or twee. O.K. sometimes I go misty eyed over fabric, threads and books but generally its both feet firmly on the ground.
BUT the one thing that can bring me to my knees are these little people…



…in all their different guises.Why? I just don’t know!

Just happened upon this book by chance, ordered it straight away from Amazon and it came yesterday – all ready to go on the shelf with my other one or two (OK make that 11) fairy books!

My particular favourites are the Brian Froud books, especially 'Lady Cottingtons Pressed Fairy Book' and the book Fairie-ality is just amazing. You really must take a look at these two links!

In my defence, I would like to point out that I only like them on paper – I don’t do ornaments, accessories or stuffed versions!!!

1 comment:

Minnieknits said...

Keep those books well hidden from your grand-daughter or they'll be covered in sticky fingerprints! Go on, admit it, you are a closet girlie pink lover at heart!